Pages

My Vibrating Flat in Tufnell Park

Wednesday 21 March 2007


My flat has started vibrating.

My TV jigs from side to side, my wardrobe rocks, the windows rattle, and the bed shakes. I'm vibrating because of trains, big long heavy trains carrying cement hauled by imported American loco's. Apparently said vibrations from trains are very unlikely to cause structural damage to houses & buildings near the railway.


What about my TV?
What about my sleep?

This is all very odd, it never used to happen. I like trains they promise so much. I like vibrating, it makes you aware.

I don't like a 4 story building being vibrated. I don't believe London building regulations include earthquake strengthening.

One night it won't break my slumber, the whisky will have been too strong and I'll wake up naked in a pile of rubble surrounded by flashing cameras and Networkrail investigators.

It wasn't me

No comments:

Post a Comment

This bar welcomes everyone so have your say